Sunday, September 25, 2011

Abelardo Morell

I really like Abelardo Morell's work. It brings up a whole new side to art and interior design. I am really interested in how he actually does this because I would love to do this to my apartment. I've attached a few of my favorite pieces of his.

















I really like this one because of the juxtaposition of a calm almost empty room that is covered with busy and crowded New York City. Morell's work brings up a different side to internalizing external forces.






















I love this one because even though i know that this in inside of a room, it looks like it is outside because of the picture posted on the walls.Usually the pictures being upside down throws me off but this one I didn't even notice until recently that it was upside down. Beautiful image.






















I really like this one because the decoration inside works perfectly with the chapel that is being projected. I could picture the ornate mirror and the statue actually being inside of the chapel. I also love the color pictures as opposed to the black and white ones.


















I like this one as well because the painting inside the room vibes bell with the Colosseum. I also love the deep red, brown and oranges of this photo
.

















This one is awesome. It looks like an awesome crowded jungle with beautiful Italian architecture.


















I want this to be my room. Hands down. Gorgeous. My absolute favorite. Love love love.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment