Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Xerox Project


For the Xerox project, we had to Xerox our entire body and make something with the scans. So i made a puppet. Here is is dancing per Santiago's request. Kinda creepy, but hey, its art! :)


Seb:
Very clever  title! Very cool how you were 2-d and everything else was 3-d. It brings up the question of reality and how material possessions and technology are viewed in such high regards. It also questions what is more important, the technology itself or the person who made the technology. Very interesting and effective piece.

Francesca:
“The Mantis” was amazing. Very sexual and exquisite piece (pun intended).  I love love loved it.

Grace:
I really liked your project. I love how you showed the motion of sex with still scans. Super cool and provocative J

Luis:
I loved how you put yourself into all different characters. It allowed you to be at many different places at once, I can see it as questioning identity and perspective. Very good project.

Hessa:
Loved the collage and the story behind it. Very good piece

Sarah:
I like how you incorporated text with the scans as well. It interestingly gives more meaning to the words than the scans of the people.

Jon:
Very cool, I liked how you morphed yourself into Popeye and Olive Oyl. It would have been cool if you just did Popeye but I like how you took on the female role as well. Very gender neutral. Love it.

Stef:
I loved your project. The eyes look 3-d. I also like the idea of the monster in the closet. Loved how you did layers and layers of scans. Very cool.

Danielle:
I LOVE LOVE LOVED YOURSS!! Soooo awesome. Definitely my favorite project. Love how you had yourself in a specific scene that we can tell has happened before J

Emily:
I loved your project. I really like that you first had the lamb and then it turned into an abstract shape. First one is like pictorial photography and the second is vernacular. Great project,

Hannah:
Ok, yours was on a completely different level. I don’t even know how you came up with such an awesome idea and I don’t know how you pulled it off either. I’m still in awe. I showed all my friends, your amazing. Hands down. Amazing.

Abby:
Very cool project. I like how it questions if the person is emerging from the ground or if they are being pulled down. Very cool and interesting project. I also liked how you made it outside so lots of people could see it. Great project!

1 comment:

  1. great puppet. i like how you turned the xerox into something useful. great job in making this

    ReplyDelete