Monday, December 12, 2011

Video Art Piece


Danielle:
I really liked your audio and how you were beat boxing. I also like the effects that you put on the video. My favorite part was how it pixilated out at the end. Great final project.

Hessa
I really like how you used a strobe effect with the images. It didn’t matter that we could read the text or understand what was going on in the videos because we were learning subconsciously.  I like how you were in it as well and reciting a poem. Great piece!

Luis
I really like how you merged polar opposite environments. This piece also brings up perspective because of how fast it looks like you’re going on the motorcycle and how slow it looks like you’re going in the car. It was very dream like.  Awesome final piece Luis! Great having you in class as well!!

Seb
I really like how you completely decontextualized every piece of your video and technology. I particularly enjoyed the traditional Arabic writing juxtaposed with Facebook. Great final piece and great having a class with you again! Im gonna miss you when im gone! Ma’a salama habibi.

Stef
I loved your piece! Perfectly depicts an “insane” state of mind. Awesome awesome awesome.

Emily
Really liked how you built off of your previous piece. I also likes how you made comething so taboo into a joke with the audio and visual effects. Great project.

Francesca
I really liked your piece! Loved how you made speaking into singing. Super cool and very decontextualized!

Jon
Loved your video and I wish there was more. Very creative way of looking at popcorn and connecting it to popcorn’s history with music.

Roy:
I liked your use of iTunes visualizer, especially when you used your own voice. Great work.

Hannah
I loved your video!! You put yourself into the digital world! Awesome piece!!

Sarah
I really enjoyed your piece. Lots of different devices and visual elements. Great piece.

Abby
I loved how you showed us a different perspective than we are used to seeing. Great idea and great video.

Grace
Yours was just exquisite! (pun intended) 

3 comments:

  1. such a powerful video and so much going on and so many things to look at. I like that the video is distracting but so interesting. and the fact that people want to watch again to pick up on other details is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. mandi it was great having you in class as well. your video was amazing. i like how you used so many videos in one cube. and then you decontextualized it even further by using many screens. just a great job.

    ReplyDelete